Translations From English To German
- My translations won’t be simple word for word translations – that’s something a program or a machine could do as well, right? I will review the source text and determine the “voice” of it while keeping the target audience in mind. That way you’ll get a translation that speaks to the people you want to reach.
- I might not have a language degree but I do have some experience with translations and a lot of experience with writing in German. I’ve been an aspiring writer for nearly 15 years now (yes, I’m not that old and yes, the texts haven’t been that great the first few years but it still helped developing my German skills) and thanks to that I know much more than the average German speaker about my language. Everybody makes mistakes but you’ll find that the ones in my translations are few and far between. You might find a typo or two in longer projects but you’ll almost never find them in short texts.
- Translation times vary depending on the specific project. Once we agree on a specific deadline, I will definitely hold to it, though.
- I’ll be available via E-Mail while working on your project and reply within a day to your suggestions/questions/comments. If I think that there’s something wrong with the source text content-wise, then I’ll notify you. That’s only if you want me to, of course. If your sure that everything is perfect and don’t want me to question it, then I won’t voice my opinion about it.
- If you need a translation with On-Page SEO in mind, I’ll be able to help you as well. I’ve got more than 5 websites by now that receive most of there traffic from search engines.
- Translations include a superficial proofreading of the source text. That won’t replace a real review / proofreading but I’ll try to help you eliminate all typos or other mistakes that I find while translating.
- My rate lies somewhere between 0,05$ and 0,12$ per word. It all depends on the deadline and the difficulty of the text. A technical translation that you require within a few days will be on the more expensive side, normal web content I can take my time with will be on the lower end. You can always send me your homepage/file before we start working together and I’ll make you an offer.
There are actually two different kinds of proofreadings I can offer you:
- Simple Proofreading
A simple proofreading means that I’ll just check your text for spelling and grammar mistakes and maybe obvious stylistic errors or problems with the content. In general, this kind of proofreading won’t take long, so you’ll get your rectified file pretty quickly. I will change spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes right away since those are obviously wrong, but I will always make suggestions for the content and style because those things might be open to discussion. The rate for proofreadings lies between 0,01$ and 0,015$ per word depending on the deadline and the project size. Please note that this rate might change drastically if you want me to proofread a machine-generated translation or a text of very poor quality. I will make you a reasonable offer before we start working together.
- Thorough Review
I’ll do everything that I do when simply proofreading a file plus a more extensive revision of the content and style. Whenever I feel like there’s even a slightly better way to say what you want to say or that there might be a discrepancy within the text, I’ll make a comment. If you need your text to be perfect, then this is the offer for you. I encourage you to send me the source file as well if your German text is a translation from English, so that I know exactly what you want to say. It will take longer than a proofreading but it will be worth the wait. The rate for reviews lies between 0,02$ and 0,035$ per word depending on the deadline and the project size. Please note that this rate might change drastically if you want me to proofread a machine-generated translation or a text of very poor quality. I will make you a reasonable offer before we start working together.
I recommend a proofreading if you need a text that’s free of errors. If you need a text that meets the highest standards and needs to be absolutely perfect, then the review is the perfect service for you.
Please take a look at the page References for reviews of my previous work.